Job / Role Description
|Location||Central London (EC3)|
We are recruiting an actuary to join our treaty reinsurance team in London. This role will report to Head of Treaty.
- Build, develop and maintain pricing models for each class of business
- Build, develop and maintain rate monitoring models for each class of business.
- Research, document and validate the pricing parameters and overall approach
- Document the pricing models and provide training to Underwriters
- Work closely with underwriters on individual risk or treaty pricing as requested
- Establish strong working relationships with Underwriters and management
- Portfolio profitability analysis and exposure management overview
- Review detailed actuarial analysis such as premium and claims projections, stress tests and forecasting
- Database management, benchmarking and visualization
- Management of a robust peer review process for all Underwriters
- Frequent business travel required
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Part or Fully Qualified Actuary
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in (re)insurance/actuarial space
- Prior experience of the relevant classes is preferable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable presenting complex technical aspects to non-actuarial audiences in a clear and succinct manner
- Strong negotiation, analytical and decision-making skills required
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of pricing, reserving and capital allocation
- Expertise in Excel/VBA, R or other related programming languages
- Effective time management skills
- Strong work ethic and results driven approach
APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE
Please send your CV and cover letter or bulleted email highlighting relevant experience to Tunde Olowofila (firstname.lastname@example.org).
No recruitment consultants / headhunters.