We are recruiting top underwriters and teams with established, profitable underwriting who are seeking to take on greater responsibility for leading their own underwriting units and building a book of business as the next stage in their careers.
What are we looking for?
Producing underwriters and teams with books that are:
- Established: minimum GWP of £5m or $8m
- Profitable: outperform peers on loss ratios over the last 5 years
- Tied to the underwriters: strong broker relationships and expertise
- Classes: shorter-tail and specialist preferred; longer-tail considered
- Territories: most considered
- More niche, the better
Why consider Tempo?
Better Place to Work
- We aim to put senior underwriters in charge of their own businesses; not just underwriting. In turn, underwriting teams have much more influence over all aspects of the business and those in particular which affect their ‘underwriting result’.
- We enable and support underwriting teams with the resources they need to build a large, profitable book including capacity, systems, marketing, etc.
- We actively seek out better and smarter ways of running our business and aim to keep bureaucracy to a minimum
- We expect a high-standard of professionalism of all staff and have been recognized as a CII Corporate Chartered Insurer
- We have a plug-and-play operating environment covering permissions, systems, finance, compliance, etc.
- We have broker security committee approval in place with all brokers
- We are independently owned without conflicts of interest
Reward Structure Tied to Performance With Management Support
- We allocate a share of profit commissions earned to the underwriting teams
- Segmented P&Ls – bonuses are not impacted by profitability of other lines
- We secure and diversify capacity to de-risk the business
- We invest resources in accelerating profitable premium growth including marketing, quote-to-bind systems, cross-selling, research capabilities / reports, etc.
To be clear, Tempo is not for everyone. Tempo is designed for proven underwriting leaders and teams who are driven, proactive, collaborative, disciplined, professional and have a clear underwriting conviction.